ERDINGTON ABBEY NEEDS YOUR HELP PLEASE
To help raise £600,000 to pay for the work that is needed to repair the roof.
The Diocese had architectural
experts carry out a survey on the
church. This identified a
considerable amount of repairs
required both inside and outside
of the church. No significant work
has been carried out since the
late 70s. The church is over 170
years old and essential
maintenance is now urgently
needed to protect and preserve
its heritage for the future.
Quotes have been received to undertake the external repairs and these
have come in, in the region of £300,000. When the external phase is
completed further work to repair the inside of the church, including
heating, electrical, IT installations, asbestos removal and decoration are
all needed and this is also expected to cost at least £300,000.
Afternoon Tea Fundraiser
What a wonderful afternoon tea, shared and enjoyed by so many parishioners, raising £1128.30 towards the restoration fund - FANTASTIC!
A huge thank you to all the amazing bakers and happy, helping hands - it would have been impossible without you!
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Send a cheque made payable to Erdington Abbey Parish. Please put your address and contact number on rear and indicate that this is for the Restoration Fund
- Send cash in a sealed envelope clearly labelled "Restoration Fund"
- Pay by BACS to Sort Code 30-14- 74 Account number 96709152
- If you are in the fortunate position that you pay income tax you can "Gift Aid" your donation by completing a Gift Aid Form and enclosing it in your envelope. Gift Aid forms can be obtained from the Parish Office. This will increase your donation by 25p for every £1 that you donate with no cost to you.
- A group of parishioners is being formed to organise and coordinate this huge fundraising effort and you can help by joining this group, especially if you have previous experience fundraising or promoting the need to everyone.
Parish Office: 0121 373 0143 firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Priest: Fr Elias Gweme CSsR 07378648048 email@example.com
Parish Treasurer: firstname.lastname@example.org