Our Safeguarding Officer is Marie Donoghue 0121 373 0143.
If you have any concerns about safeguarding in our parish you are invited in the first instance to contact our parish safeguarding officer: Marie Donoghue on 0121 373 0143 or via email at email@example.com
- Alternatively you are welcome to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding team directly. Details are given below.
If you yourself have been abused in childhood the prospect of speaking out now may be frightening.
You may feel that:
• Your concerns would not be taken seriously
• You are afraid that you may not be believed
• You feel that it may cause problems for your family
• You feel ashamed
• You are afraid you will be blamed
• You feel that it may damage your relationships in the Church
If you have been abused you are not to blame for what happened to you. You will be listened to and your concerns will be taken seriously and acted upon as necessary.
A leaflet providing simple guidance and support is offered here.
If you would welcome help, the Archdiocese of Birmingham Safeguarding Team is available to do all they can to listen to you and support you to find the help you need.
You can speak to them without giving your personal details on 0121 230 6240
or by email on: firstname.lastname@example.org