This is where you will find out about upcoming events here at The Abbey and the Redemptorists London Province and the Region of Zimbabwe.
We had a wonderful celebration of mass on Saturday 4th September to celebrate and give thanks for Fr Dickinson's 70 years of profession as a Redemptorist.
Click here to view some images of the mass.
Dates for your Diary
- Bible Study Group: Abbey Hall on alternate Monday evenings 7-8.30pm and alternate Monday afternoons 2-3.30pm. For details phone Elaine Joyce on 07952186893.
- Flower Group Meeting: This will take place in the back sacristy at 5pm. If you are interested please do come along; you will be more than welcome - to enter please come to the side sacristy door.
- The Knights of St. Columba: Meet at Holy Trinity in Sutton Coldfield after the 10am mass. If you would like to join and raise money for the homeless then please contact Nicholas Bartleet for further details on 07778 857 369. If you would like to sponsor them for their annual sponsored walk in Sutton Park then you can donate online via: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/KSC293
- 7th November - Blessing of the graves at 1pm.
- 29th December - Parish Feast day of St Thomas of Canterbury
After an absence of sung music for eighteen months, the choir is at last resuming weekly rehearsals and singing at the 10.30 Mass. Rehearsals are on Every Wednesday at 8.00pm. If you have a good knowledge of music and are interested in joining the choir please contact Joe on 07721 753992 or contact the parish office with your details.
Car Park Gates
The gates to the car park will be closed at the following times:
Mon/Wed/Thurs 8.00pm, Tues/Fri 5.00pm & Sat/Sun 7.00pm. Any cars left in the
carpark will be locked in!
New COVID-19 Regulations
- From today there will be no social distancing in church.
- You are encouraged to use all the benches in church.
- You are strongly advised to wear a face mask in church.
- The 'Track & Trace' system will continue - this applies for funerals, weddings and baptisms.
- The collection will be taken at the offertory. If there is a second collection this will take place after communion.
- Communion: stewards will direct from your seat - please wait until it is your turn.
- We will use two exits from the church - the main door and sacristy. Again, the stewards will direct you. Thank you.